from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Baseball A hit by which the batter reaches base safely without incurring an error, fielder's choice, or force play.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A successful hit in which the batter safely reaches base
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a hit, by which the batsman, without any error on the part of his opponents, is able to reach the first base without being put out.
- n. See under Base, Safe, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (baseball) the successful act of striking a baseball in such a way that the batter reaches base safely
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.