from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large mass of igneous rock that has melted and intruded surrounding strata at great depths.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A large irregular mass of intrusive igneous rock that has melted or forced itself into surrounding strata.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A large mass of intrusive igneous rock believed to have solidified deep within the earth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large mass of deep-seated igneous rock which may be exposed by erosion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large mass of intrusive igneous rock believed to have solidified deep within the earth
batho- + -lith (Wiktionary)