from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Ploceus philippinus, a weaverbird of southern Asia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The East Indian weaver bird (Ploceus Philippinus).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The weaver-bird, Ploceus philippinus, an East Indian passerine bird, somewhat like the bulfinch, remarkable for its extremely curious nest. See weaverbird.
- n. The Mexican name of a species of fish, Mycteroperea jordani, a form of grouper found in the Gulf of California.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. common Indian weaverbird
Sorry, no etymologies found.