American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A shoulder-held weapon consisting of a long metal smoothbore tube for firing armor-piercing rockets at short range.
- n. a primitive trombone having wide tubes
- n. an American shoulder-held rocket launcher used as an antitank weapon, used in World War II, shaped similar to the bazooka trombone
- n. by extension, any shoulder-fired rocket grenade launcher
- n. slang, sexuality breasts of a woman
- n. slang Crack cocaine.
- n. a portable rocket launcher used by infantrymen as an antitank weapon
- Alteration of Spanish basuco, derived from base. (Wiktionary)
- After the bazooka, a crude wind instrument made of pipes, invented and named by Bob Burns (1896-1956), American comedian, probably from bazoo, kazoo. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“What's foiling Mr. Paulson's "bazooka" - in-his-pocket plan for bailing out the two without taxpayer money is the failure of private investors to put up the necessary recapitalization so the government won't have to.”
“It has an optional flamboyantly gay guy with a 'bazooka'-like lance in it.”
“The business end of Hanky Panky Paulson’s bazooka is glowing red hot as it continues to fire round after round of high explosive moral hazard contains an up to 85 billion dollar, two-year bridge loan from the Fed to the world’s largest insurer, AIG, to be guaranteed by the US taxpayer via the US Treasury.”
“The ECB didn't pull out the so-called bazooka and didn't announce a European-style quantitative easing or a large bond-buying program.”
“Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower called the bazooka one of the crucial "tools of victory" for the Allies in World War II, along with the C-47 transport plane, the Jeep and the atomic bomb.”
“My culture says that expressing rage by shooting me in the face with a bazooka is a bad thing, and I'm okay with that standard.”
“A bazooka is a shoulder fired rocket, and another insanely interesting word derivation.”
“One man in each mortar squad carried the shoulder-held rocket launcher known as a bazooka.”
“Among their key targets was the Booysens police station where an RPG 7 rocket launcher also known as a bazooka, was first used in an MK operation in the South African urban areas.”
“Booysens police station where an RPG 7 rocket launcher also known as a bazooka, was first used in an MK operation in the South”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bazooka’.
â€¢ The word must have an even number of vowels.
â€¢ There must be four or more vowels; thus, at minimum, an A-A-A-A or A-B-B-A pattern.
â€¢ The vowels must appear in a mir...
Interesting gene names. Some of these may have changed recently (to something less offensive/funny).
tinman, agnostic, dreadlocks, Van Gogh, fruitless, lava lamp, ariadne, cheap date, ken and barbie, I'm not dead yet, I'm not dead yet 2, manic fringe and 1192 more...
bazooka, ammunition, anti-aircraft mac..., anti-vehicle mine, automatic machine..., ballistic missile..., biological weapons, booby trap, bunker-busting bomb, chemical weapons, cluster bomb, light battleship and 218 more...
words for firearms (singular)
A selection of English* words ending with a vowel (except "y", "ea", ie", "ee", "oo", "ea", "ou") that is REALLY pronounced.
My favorite English words, by the way.
The good twin of The ...
My B Words
Names of various "medicinal" Cannabis strains, harvested from various sources.
words that are (or should be!) onomatopoeia
Looking for tweets for bazooka.