from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. The first milk secreted by a mammal, especially a cow, after parturition; colostrum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The first milk drawn from an animal (especially a cow) after it has given birth.
- n. Plural form of beesting.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as biestings.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- The first milk given by a cow after calving.
- 2. A disease caused by drinking beestings.
Middle English bestinggis, pl. of besting, from Old English bȳsting, from bēost, beestings.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Old English bȳsting, from bēost. (Wiktionary)