Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To know; recognize.
- To acknowledge; own; confess. Ayenbyte of Inwyt (1340, ed. Morris).
- v. transitive To know about; have knowledge of; recognise; understand; be aware (of); be knowledgeable about.
- v. transitive To acknowledge; own; confess.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. obsolete To confess; to acknowledge.
- From Middle English beknowen, biknowen, from Old English becnāwan ("to know, know about"), equivalent to be- + know. Cognate with Old High German bichnāan ("to recognise, see"). (Wiktionary)
“And prize fair poesy and sweet musick hear * And shun the 'say' and naught of 'said' beknow:”
“3.31.3: Take not for thine: nor yet thy self as thine beknow.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘beknow’.
Tubey or not tubey.
Looking for tweets for beknow.