from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a deep-red cooking apple native to Britain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sort of apple peculiar to Norfolk, Eng.
- n. A baked apple pressed down into a flat, round cake; a dried apple.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An excellent cooking-apple cultivated in England, especially in the county of Norfolk. It is often sold in a dried and flattened condition.
- n. Hence A baked apple crushed into a flat round cake.
Sorry, no etymologies found.