from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A traditional children's toy consisting of a wooden cup with a handle, and a ball attached to the cup by a string.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The toy called cup and ball.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A gardener's measuring-cord or -line.
- n. The toy called cup-and-ball.
- n. An 8-inch mortar for throwing shells.
- n. An implement for curling hair.
Borrowing from French (Wiktionary)