from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A civet (Arctictis binturong) of southeast Asia with a long prehensile tail. Also called bearcat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a large species of civet, Arctictis binturong, of southern Asia
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small Asiatic civet of the genus Arctilis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The native name, and now the usual book-name, of Arctictis binturong, an Indian prehensile-tailed carnivorous mammal of the family Viverridæ and subfamily Arctictidinæ. Also called Iclides ater or I. albifrons, and formerly Viverra binturong. See Arctictis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. arboreal civet of Asia having a long prehensile tail and shaggy black hair
Malay benturong, binturong.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Malay binturung. (Wiktionary)