from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An internal mechanism in organisms that controls the periodicity of various functions or activities, such as metabolic changes, sleep cycles, or photosynthesis.
- n. The progression or time period from puberty to menopause, marking a woman's ability to bear children.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several mechanisms that regulate the periodicity of biological functions
- n. The progression from puberty to menopause during which a woman can bear children
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an innate mechanism in living organisms that controls the periodicity of many physiological functions
Sorry, no etymologies found.