American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An internal mechanism in organisms that controls the periodicity of various functions or activities, such as metabolic changes, sleep cycles, or photosynthesis.
- n. The progression or time period from puberty to menopause, marking a woman's ability to bear children.
- n. biology Any of several mechanisms that regulate the periodicity of biological functions
- n. The progression from puberty to menopause during which a woman can bear children
- n. an innate mechanism in living organisms that controls the periodicity of many physiological functions
“The ability of its human’s biological clock to reset itself almost immediately to whatever new world Flinx happened to find himself on was one that never ceased to amaze the multifaceted artificial mind.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘biological clock’.
An extract from the "Zold Tolmacs" project, a HU-EN environmental dictionary compiled by Robert Gulyas in 2000.
AA battery, aa lava, aapa mire, abandon the project, abandon the sewer..., abandoned car, abandoned dyke, abandoned farm, abandoned field, abandoned industr..., abandoned industr..., abandoned land and 5386 more...
Looking for tweets for biological clock.