Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Biscay, one of the three Basque provinces of Spain, or to its people.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Biscay.
- n. [lowercase] Milit.: A long and heavy musket, usually carried on a permanent pivot, for use on fortifications or the like.
- n. A heavy bullet, usually of the size of an egg; one of the separate balls of grape- or case-shot.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to Biscay in Spain.
“There is not one which has not had its bullet or its biscayan. 6 The skeletons of dead trees abound in this orchard.”
“I honestly want one or two of everything, but I use restraint and only pick up weird canned seafood cuttlefish in its own ink, baby octopus in garlic and codfish in biscayan sauce, canned San Marzano tomatoes, Papadams, canned sweet fried peppers and Moretti polenta.”
“One of their cuirasses, pierced on the shoulder by a ball from a biscayan, is in the collection of the Waterloo Museum.”
“There is not one which has not had its bullet or its biscayan.”
“One of their cuirasses, pierced on the shoulder by a ball from a biscayan,  is in the collection of the”
“There is not one which has not had its bullet or its biscayan. [”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘biscayan’.
Looking for tweets for biscayan.