from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Black magic; witchcraft.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A practice such as witchcraft, sorcery, necromancy, or black magic.
- n. A process that is mysterious or difficult to master.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- The art practiced by conjurers and witches; necromancy; conjuration; magic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the belief in magical spells that harness occult forces or evil spirits to produce unnatural effects in the world
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.