from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Moderately formal; usually requiring a dinner jacket (tuxedo) for men.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. requiring semiformal evening clothes, e. g. a black bowtie and a tuxedo or dinner jacket for men, and a formal dress for women; contrasted with
white-tie, for a fully formal occasion, and with informal, and casual.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a black bow tie worn with a dinner jacket
- n. semiformal evening dress for men
- adj. moderately formal; requiring a dinner jacket
Sorry, no etymologies found.