from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Very formal; usually requiring a tailcoat for men.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. requiring formal evening clothes, usually interpreted as a white bow tie and a tailcoat for men, and a formal evening dress for women; -- . Contrasting with
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. bow tie worn as part of a man's formal evening dress
- n. formalwear consisting of full evening dress for men
- adj. requiring white ties and tailcoats for men
Sorry, no etymologies found.