from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A weedy Eurasian perennial herb (Silene vulgaris) having white flowers with deeply notched petals and a balloonlike, inflated calyx.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A perennial European herb, Silene vulgaris, having an inflated calyx
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a plant of the Pink family (Cucubalus Behen or Silene inflata), having a much inflated calyx. See Behen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. perennial of Arctic Europe having large white flowers with inflated calyx
- n. bluish-green herb having sticky stems and clusters of large evening-opening white flowers with much-inflated calyx; sometimes placed in genus Lychnis
Sorry, no etymologies found.