from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of the cells resulting from the cleavage of a fertilized ovum during early embryonic development.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any cell that results from division of a fertilized egg.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the segments first formed by the division of the ovum.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In embryology, one of the segments or derivative cells into which the vitellus or yolk of an ovum of one of the Metazoa divides after fecundation. See cut under gastrulation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any cell resulting from cleavage of a fertilized egg
Sorry, no etymologies found.