from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several species of bird in the genus Gallicolumba of the pigeon family, native to the Philippines, characterised by a red patch on the plumage of the breast.
- n. A person considered to be over-sympathetic to the supposed plight of the underprivileged or exploited.
- adj. Considered to be over-sympathetic to the supposed plight of the underprivileged or exploited.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In England, a name of the wall-flower, Cheiranthus Cheiri.
- n. A common name of some species of Dicentra, especially D. spectabilis from China, from the shape of the flowers.
- n. A name sometimes applied to cultivated forms of Colocasia with colored leaves.
- n. Same as coral-creeper.
From bleeding + heart (Wiktionary)