from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A high shoe or half boot.
- n. A shoe having the vamp and tongue made of one piece and the quarters lapping over the vamp.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A form of horse-drawn carriage; a Blucher coach.
- n. A sturdy laced leather half-boot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of half boot, or high shoe, with laces over the tongue; -- named from the Prussian general Blücher.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A strong leather half-boot or high shoe, named after Field-marshal von Blücher, commander of the Prussian army in the later campaigns against Napoleon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Prussian general who is remembered for his leadership in the wars against Napoleon (1742-1819)
- n. a high shoe with laces over the tongue
After Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Named from Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher (1742-1819), a Prussian general. (Wiktionary)