from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A buoyant device (frequently made of cork) attached to a line so as to suspend the end of the line with the hook (and bait or lure) above the bottom.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, bobs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which bobs.
- n. One who fishes with a bob.
- n. One of the artificial flies of an angler's cast.
- n. One who scoffs.
- n. A deceiver.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small float usually made of cork; attached to a fishing line
From the verb to bob + -er. (Wiktionary)