from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A species of sea bream native to the eastern Atlantic, Boops boops.
- n. Bayou, waterway.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To fall off from the wind; to edge away to leeward; -- said only of inferior craft.
- n. The boce; -- called also bogue bream. See boce.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Nautical, to drop off from the wind; edge away to leeward with the wind, as some vessels of inferior sailing qualities do.
- n. An acanthopterygian fish, Box vulgaris, of the family Sparidæ, found in the Mediterranean, on the west coast of Africa, and in rare cases on the coasts of Britain.
- n. A mouth; an embouchure.
From Cajun French, from Choctaw bok ("creek, stream"). (Wiktionary)