Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fetid, tarry liquid obtained in the dry distillation of bone. See Dippel's oil, under oil.
- n. Fatty matter, of liquid consistence at common atmospheric temperature, extracted from bones by heating them with water or by the use of solvents: used in soap-making.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. an oil obtained by, heating bones (as in the manufacture of bone black), and remarkable for containing the nitrogenous bases, pyridine and quinoline, and their derivatives; -- also called
- n. the liquid portion of bone fat; used as a lubricant and in leather manufacture
- n. dark-colored ill-smelling oil obtained by carbonizing bone; used especially in sheep dips and in denaturing alcohol
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Looking for tweets for bone oil.