from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A deep ringing sound, as of a bell.
- transitive v. To cause to sound with a deep ringing noise.
- intransitive v. To make a deep ringing noise.
- n. A water pipe that consists of a bottle or a vertical tube partially filled with liquid and a smaller tube ending in a bowl, used often in smoking narcotic substances.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A clang of a large bell.
- n. Door bell chimes.
- v. to pull a bell.
- v. to ring a doorbell.
- n. A vessel, usually made of glass or ceramic and filled with water, used in smoking various substances; especially marijuana or pot.
- n. A device for rapidly consuming beer, usually consisting of a funnel or reservoir of beer and a length of tubing.
- n. A very wide piton.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a dull resonant sound as of a bell
- v. ring loudly and deeply
Bella, as for you, I think youve been taking showers in bong water, listening to the beatles 24-7 (theyre later music, the earlier stuff was good) and putting crack in your coffee.
But when I plugged it back into the third extension cable, I heard a little bing-bong from the computer.
Was it just me or did anyone else see the word bong instead of bang on the last one?
Out on the sugar-white Florida panhandle sand, freckle-faced Patrick Mulligan, 20, does a handstand while his friends from the University of Massachusetts funnel -- "bong" -- a quart of foaming Budweiser into his mouth.
• must not use the word bong, marijuana or other synonyms for any illegal substance.
What The Social Network gets right, is that these two spaces are often cohabitated by the same people, especially at prestigious institutions like Harvard; at [substitute reputable school name here], the idiot who fell out of his dorm room window while clutching a bong is the same kid who discovered a plausible explanation to reconcile quantum mechanics and general relativity ... or whatever.
BOJ officials have long opposed the idea of increasing government bond purchases on the view it would fan market concerns that the central bank is handing the government a blank check, and could undermine long-term bong credibility.
Oh Shit! that Fixie hitting the bong is the funniest thing I've seen in years.
*** UPDATED February 5th, 4: 00PM*** Extra interviews Phelps and the Olympian firmly denies that he takes drugs, suggesting that the notorious photo of him smoking from a bong was a one-time lapse of judgment:
Tongues are wagging because, unlike an Olympics where interest is low - until one of its 'stars is caught on tape hitting a bong, that is - a World Cup requires no money for infrastructure and brings pure tourism profit for the host cities.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.