from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Accounts, book keeping work
- n. The art and science of formatting books.
- n. Work done with the aid of textbooks
- n. The act of memorising information; used attributively to describe or denote questions that test information learned rather than requiring additional thought
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Work done upon a book or books (as in a printing office), in distinction from newspaper or job work.
- n. Study; application to books.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The study of text-books, as distinguished from experimental studies, or from instruction imparted by lectures.
- n. In printing, work on books and pamphlets, as distinguished from newspaper-work and job-work.
book + work (Wiktionary)