American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A training camp for military recruits.
- n. A correctional facility that uses the training techniques applied to military recruits to teach usually youthful offenders socially acceptable patterns of behavior.
- n. colloquial Initial, basic indoctrination, physical fitness training and basic instruction in service-related subjects for new recruits in the armed forces (Army, Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps).
- n. A short, intensive, quasi-military program generally aimed at young offenders as an alternative to a jail term.
- n. idiomatic Any short, intensive course of training.
- n. camp for training military recruits
“Julie Kucinski in a boot camp fitness class at The Shed Fitness Center.”
“From military-inspired to mom-friendly, there's a boot camp to fit every personality and fitness goal.”
“A boot camp mom found some squares of remnant ceramictile for next to nothing, and she and her child painted their own trivets and made imprints of their hands.”
“Kucinski chose the Shed It boot camp at the Shed Fitness Studio in south Minneapolis.”
“For Julie Kucinski, boot camp was exactly what she needed.”
“His first assignment after boot camp had been as a member of the security force on board USS United States, and he found while he had a natural aptitude for the military lifestyle, he chafed at seeing other, more senior Marines load up in the helicopter and head for land on special missions while he guarded the door to the admiral’s cabin.”
“Even more shocking than Paisely’s death was the brutal beating of fourteen-year-old Martin Lee Anderson, caught on video at a Panama City boot camp in 2006.”
“Julie Kucinski in a boot camp fitness class at The Shed”
“Long Binh Jail, a place of legendary cruelty; it made Marine boot camp look like the Campfire Girls.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘boot camp’.
I'll bring the bug spray and the waterproof matches.
Common words or phrases of nautical origin that have taken on different or metaphorical meanings. Chained_bear and I tossed a coin over who would make the list. I won (or lost, depending on how you...
scuttlebutt, taken aback, brass monkey, boot camp, clean bill of health, three sheets to t..., the devil to pay, between the devil..., by and large, the whole nine yards, mind your ps and qs, slush fund and 116 more...
Looking for tweets for boot camp.