from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A training camp for military recruits.
- n. A correctional facility that uses the training techniques applied to military recruits to teach usually youthful offenders socially acceptable patterns of behavior.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Initial, basic indoctrination, physical fitness training and basic instruction in service-related subjects for new recruits in the armed forces (Army, Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps).
- n. A short, intensive, quasi-military program generally aimed at young offenders as an alternative to a jail term.
- n. Any short, intensive course of training.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. camp for training military recruits
Sorry, no etymologies found.