from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of encamping.
- n. The state of being encamped.
- n. A camp; a campsite.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A campsite.
- n. A group of temporary living quarters and/or other temporary structures.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of pitching tents or forming huts, as by an army or traveling company, for temporary lodging or rest.
- n. The place where an army or a company is encamped; a camp; tents pitched or huts erected for temporary lodgings.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of forming and occupying a camp; establishment in a camp.
- n. The place where a body of men is encamped; a camp.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of encamping and living in tents in a camp
- n. temporary living quarters specially built by the army for soldiers
- n. a site where people on holiday can pitch a tent
Sorry, no etymologies found.