from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A detailed memorandum, especially one that lists documents or accounts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A detailed statement, especially one containing a detailed listing of documents or accounts
- n. A form of reinsurance that details the history of the risk
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A note or memorandum, esp. one containing an enumeration of documents.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A memorandum or note, especially one containing a more or less detailed list of documents.
French, probably from bord, edge, margin, from Old French bort, of Germanic origin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)