from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A salt that is derived from both boric acid and silicic acid and occurs naturally in dumortierite.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various minerals whose structure is formally that of a dual salt of boric and silicic acids.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A double salt of boric and silicic acids, as in the natural minerals tourmaline, datolite, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A double salt, in which both boric and silicic acids are combined with a basic radical, as datolite, which is a borosilicate of calcium. Also called silicoborate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a salt of boric and silicic acids
Sorry, no etymologies found.