American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A fish or other animal that feeds on the bottom of a body of water.
- n. One that feeds low on the food chain; a scavenger.
- n. Slang An opportunist who profits from the misfortunes of others: "The frazzled, adrenaline-pumped tabloid newshounds [in the movie] are the bottom feeders of contemporary journalism” ( Entertainment Weekly).
- n. Slang A low or despicable person.
- n. A fish or other aquatic creature who feeds off the bottom of their habitat; a flatfish
- n. By extension A person who dwells amidst or thrives off of the unwholesome things in a society
- n. an opportunist who profits from the misfortunes of others
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bottom feeder’.
When you're underwater, what do you see or experience? Let's dive...
(Here's a cute little related list called Fishful Thinking...)
Looking for tweets for bottom feeder.