from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. A past participle of buy.
- adj. Commercially made; purchased, as opposed to homemade: boughten bread.
- adj. Artificial; false. Used of teeth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having been purchased or bought (rather than homemade).
- v. Past participle of buy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Purchased; not obtained or produced at home.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A form of bought, weak past participle of buy, used adjectively, and assimilated to strong participial forms in -en: chiefly used in poetry, and colloquially in the United States in the sense of purchased, as opposed to home-made.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. purchased; not homemade
Sorry, no etymologies found.