from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who hunts predatory animals in order to collect a bounty.
- n. One who pursues a criminal or fugitive for whom a reward is offered.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who catches criminals and brings them to the police in return for a reward.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hunter who kills predatory wild animals in order to collect a bounty
- n. someone who pursues fugitives or criminals for whom a reward is offered
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.