from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action or instance of bowdlerizing; the omission or removal of material considered vulgar or indecent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the deletion of all passages considered to be indecent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Expurgation of offensive or indelicate passages or words from an edited book or writing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of deleting or modifying all passages considered to be indecent
- n. written material that has been bowdlerized
bowdlerize + -ation (Wiktionary)