- n. A person adhering to traditional values.
- n. slang, often pejorative A person, especially a politician, who is idealistic and naive
GNU Webster's 1913
- Orig., a member of the “Boy Scouts,” an organization of boys founded in 1908, by Sir R. S. S. Baden-Powell, to promote good citizenship by creating in them a spirit of civic duty and of usefulness to others, by stimulating their interest in wholesome mental, moral, industrial, and physical activities, etc. Hence, a member of any of the other similar organizations, which are now worldwide. In “The Boy Scouts of America” the local councils are generally under a scout commissioner, under whose supervision are scout masters, each in charge of a troop of two or more patrols of eight scouts each, who are of three classes, tenderfoot, second-class scout, and first-class scout.
- n. a boy who is a member of the Boy Scouts
- n. a man who is considered naive
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘boy scout’.
words relating to the TV show Smallville (the early years of Clark Kent!)
Looking for tweets for boy scout.