from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Inflammation of the brain or meninges, as in encephalitis or meningitis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. encephalitis or meningitis
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. fever in which the brain is specially affected; any acute cerebral affection attended by fever.
- n. etc. See under Brain, Continued, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Inflammation of the brain; phrenitis; meningitis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. meningitis caused by bacteria and often fatal
Sorry, no etymologies found.