from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Intensive, forcible indoctrination, usually political or religious, aimed at destroying a person's basic convictions and attitudes and replacing them with an alternative set of fixed beliefs.
- n. The application of a concentrated means of persuasion, such as an advertising campaign or repeated suggestion, in order to develop a specific belief or motivation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of brain-washing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the process of forcible indoctrination into a new set of attitudes and beliefs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. forcible indoctrination into a new set of attitudes and beliefs
Translation of Chinese (Mandarin) xǐ nacaron.gifo : xǐ, to wash + nacaron.gifo, brain.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)