from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an inflammatory disease of sheep
- n. sheep that have died a natural death
- n. meat from sheep that have died from this disease
- adj. sick with braxy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A disease of sheep. The term is variously applied in different localities.
- n. A diseased sheep, or its mutton.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A disease of sheep characterized by inflammation of the bowels and retention of the urine: also called the sickness in some parts of Scotland. The name is also given to a variety of other diseases of sheep.
- n. A sheep having the braxy; hence, the mutton of such a sheep.
- Affected or tainted with braxy: as, braxy sheep; braxy mutton. Also spelled braksy.
Sorry, no etymologies found.