American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of an ancient French breed of sturdily built, rough-coated dogs.
- n. An ancient French breed of sturdy, rough-coated dogs.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. an old French breed of large strong usually black dogs having a long tail and long wavy and slightly stiff coat.
- n. old French breed of large strong usually black dogs having a long tail and long wavy and slightly stiff coat
- French briard (Wiktionary)
- French, from Brie, a region of northern France. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“More Briard puppy updates at thecoughlin, under her briard puppies tag.”
“Boling lounged back in a deep armchair, joined by Raye the briard.”
“Delighting Wes and Maggie, they also brought with them a long-haired tawny puppy, a briard named Raye.”
“Tell No One" - Give me a white-knuckle chase and a briard with a key role in a thriller any time.”
“You not only get a dog, you get one who is typically “dignified, lordly, scowling, sober and snobbish” (shar-pei); “merry and affectionate” (English cocker spaniel); “reserved and discerning with strangers” (chow chow); with a “rollicking personality” (Irish setter); full of “self-importance” (Pekingese); having “heedless, reckless pluck” (Irish terrier); “equable” (Bouvier des Flandres); or, most surprisingly, “a dog at heart” (briard).”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘briard’.
dog dogs and more dogs anything
I can think of ,canids and their
my favourite African wild dog
all have 42 teeth
yugoslavian trico..., yugoslavian mount..., yorkshire terrier, xoloitzcuintle, whippet, wetterhoun, westphalian basset, west highland whi..., welsh terrier, welsh springer sp..., welsh corgi, weimaraner and 121 more...
Words that I both like and feel could have use in writing.
in the Century Dictionary definition of 'menhaden' there is a misprint - I speculate- o 'qreen-tailed'for green-tailed. BUT there are alot of odd-tails out there..............
Looking for tweets for briard.