from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A trail for horseback riding.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An established trail used by riders mounted on horses.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a path or way for saddle horses and pack horses, as distinguished from a road for vehicles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A path which is wide enough to be traveled on horseback, but not in a carriage. Also bridleway.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a path suitable for riding or leading horses (but not for cars)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.