Sorry, no definitions found.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


  • * I was just looking at Steve W's page about comics, from his London Cartoon Center days, which explains these terms -- IIRC briffit is the little gust of air near a character, plewd is the little drop of sweat that comes off a character's face, and agitron is the 'speed wobble' that indicates that something is moving...

    Inadvertently slightly surreal test comics page

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • Yup. Here it is. Valse does too, as you can see on this page. :-)

    July 30, 2008

  • Reesetee, don't you have a list of Mort Walker terms?

    July 30, 2008

  • briffit – the cloud of dust that appears when a comic character is running fast, or clouds of dust that hang in the spot where a swiftly departing character or object was previously standing (Mort Walker ©)

    July 30, 2008