American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various small crustaceans of the genus Artemia.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small bran-chiopodous crustacean, Artemia salina, found in brackish water and in brine. See Artemia. Also called brine-worm.
- n. An aquatic crustacean of the taxonomic order Artemia, one species of which is often marketed under the name Sea-Monkey as a novelty gift.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) a phyllopod crustacean of the genus Artemia, inhabiting the strong brines of salt works and natural salt lakes. See Artemia.
- n. common to saline lakes
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘brine shrimp’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for brine shrimp.