from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An ax with a wide flat head and a short handle; a battle-ax.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of broadaxe.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An ancient military weapon; a battle-ax.
- n. An ax with a broad edge, for hewing timber.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A battle-ax.
- n. An ax with a broad edge, for hewing timber. See cut under ax.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a large ax with a broad cutting blade
Sorry, no etymologies found.