from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A heavy broad-headed ax formerly used as a weapon.
- n. Slang A woman held to be antagonistic or overbearing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An axe, used in combat as a weapon; usually large and often double-headed.
- n. A belligerent and often unattractive person, especially a woman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of broadax formerly used as an offensive weapon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An ax used as a weapon of war.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a broadax used as a weapon
- n. a sharp-tongued domineering wife
Sorry, no etymologies found.