from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An explosive bomb.
- n. One that is sensationally shocking, surprising, or amazing.
- n. One who is very attractive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a bomb or artillery shell designed to explode on impact
- n. something that is very surprising, shocking, amazing or sensational
- n. someone who is very attractive (compare sex symbol)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A bomb. See bomb, n.
- n. something or someone that stuns or amazes, especially suddenly and unexpectedly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as bomb, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an explosive bomb or artillery shell
- n. an entertainer who has a sensational effect
- n. a shocking surprise
Sorry, no etymologies found.