from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Witty or clever verbal exchange; repartee.
- n. The act or an instance such exchange.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A humorous play on words; such plays on words collectively.
- n. A witty verbal exchange; such exchanges collectively.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A more or less subtle playing upon the meaning of words.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. playing on words or speech sounds
- n. a humorous play on words
Sorry, no etymologies found.