from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To brutally inflict violence on something.
- v. To make something brutal, cruel or harsh.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. to treat brutally.
- transitive v. to cause to become like a brute.
- intransitive v. to become brutal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. become brutal or insensitive and unfeeling
- v. make brutal, unfeeling, or inhuman
- v. treat brutally
brutal + -ise (Wiktionary)