from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Nervous excitement felt by a novice hunter at the first sight of game.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Excitement and nervousness felt by a new hunter upon seeing game.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Intense excitement at the sight of deer or other game, such as often unnerves a novice in hunting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nervous agitation of a hunter upon the approach of deer or other large game. Also called buck-ague.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. nervous excitement of an inexperienced hunter
Sorry, no etymologies found.