American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Nervous excitement felt by a novice hunter at the first sight of game.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nervous agitation of a hunter upon the approach of deer or other large game. Also called buck-ague.
- n. idiomatic Excitement and nervousness felt by a new hunter upon seeing game.
GNU Webster's 1913
- colloq. Intense excitement at the sight of deer or other game, such as often unnerves a novice in hunting.
- n. nervous excitement of an inexperienced hunter
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘buck fever’.
R Buckminster Fuller created and coined so many terms and ideas that it certainly warrants a list here.
As RBF said "Dare to be naive."
Bucky would probably say "buck the ...
Looking for tweets for buck fever.