from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A spasmodic twitching
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- The act of twitching, or of causing to twitch.
- A local twitching, or convulsive motion, of a muscular fiber, especially of the face.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of twitching or of causing to twitch.
- n. A twitching or convulsive motion of a muscular fiber. Compare subsultus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sudden muscle spasm; especially one caused by a nervous condition
vellicate + -ion (Wiktionary)