from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The centre of a target
- n. A peppermint-flavoured confection with stripes on it.
- n. Thick glass set into the side of a ship to let in light.
- n. A shot which hits the centre of a target.
- n. A hand-cancelled postmark issued by a counter clerk at a post office, typically done on a receipt for proof of mailing.
- n. Thick glass window with concentric ripple effect.
- n. A convex glass lens which is placed in front of a lamp to concentrate the light so as to make it more conspicuous as a signal; also the lantern itself.
- interj. A cry when someone hits the bullseye of a target.
- interj. By extension, a response when someone makes an accurate statement.
Yes, the term bullseye was used, but not anything like the graphic you link to.
If you live in southeastern Michigan and work for an automotive company or one of their suppliers, you begin to feel as if a large bullseye is painted on your back.
Bush and Cheny might as well have a Sarah Palin bullseye on them.
I would only caution to your points on the handhold game console comparison that iPhone’s bullseye is casual gamers, as the serious dedicated types are likely to expect more out of the controller, more out of the dedicated hardware functions and the like.
The bullseye is the actual world and the small sphere which includes it is T, the Truth.
The bullseye was the silhouette, life size, of a man lying prone and firing at me.
So I sighted and squeezed my best, felt that I could call the bullseye, and pulling out the bolt for the last time, to show that the breech and magazine were empty, stood up and stepped back.
The innermost ring - commonly called the bullseye - is worth 10 points.
Passionate Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 01: 11 PM EST missmusic, you hit it on the bullseye, that is Bellas personality!
Shortly after Saturday's tragic shooting in Arizona that claimed the lives of six people and wounded 13 others, observers began noting that Palin had put Giffords on her "bullseye" list, which included a map with crosshairs over the targeted districts.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.