from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various large, hairy, social bees of the genus Bombus that nest underground.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several species of large bee in the genus Bombus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A large bee of the genus Bombus, sometimes called humblebee; -- so named from its sound.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large hairy social bee of the family Apidœ, subfamily Socialiœ, and genus Bombus, species of which are found in most parts of the world.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. robust hairy social bee of temperate regions
bumble2 + bee1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)