American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Chiefly British Slang Printed matter, such as pamphlets, forms, or memorandums, especially of an official nature and deemed of little interest or importance.
- n. Chiefly British Slang Toilet paper.
- n. UK, obsolete Toilet paper.
- n. Useless papers; now especially official documents, standardized forms, sales and marketing print material etc.
- n. reading materials (documents, written information) that you must read and deal with but that you think are extremely boring
- Shortened form of bumfodder. (Wiktionary)
- Short for bum fodder : bum2 + fodder. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Am I missing something or is some stupid company in bumf*CK reading Pennsylvania giving a NY truck shit?”
“Nowhere in the bumf is his new job title mentioned.”
“Anyway, we have another plethora of reviews and bumf for you today.”
“He had a wodge of papers with him, official forms, all sorts, the bumf as the pilots called it—Jerry recognized the one you signed that named who your pension went to, and the one about what to do with your body if there was one and anyone had time to bother.”
“The secretary of Elizabeth I's Privy Council is supposed to have submitted the warrant for the execution of Mary Stuart several times, concealed in a pile of lesser bumf, to help the Queen get over the hump.”
“According to the bumf it's a myth, which is much more than a story.”
“According to the bumf in the back, this is part of series retelling myths.”
“If you don't like spelling mistakes in election bumf, you'd best avoid the leaflets the SNP are putting out in the Anniesland by-election.”
“If TK, Psi, ESP, Remote Viewing and such are all just a load of bumf, then why do the military even have a budget for such things?”
“Amazingly, nobody stopped to cut themselves, get slapped by groupies, sign their name in blood, or to pick up roadkill, the rabies threat being what it is out here in pickup truck-driving flyover country, West bumf*** D.C.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bumf’.
how bum is used
with potential for the labiodental nasal
Everyone's got their favorites. Here are some of mine.
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
A place for me to keep words I found (or found anew) while reading Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. (Culling my enormous "Learned (or Encountered) in Reading" list.)
Get to work!
"Fornication" is not equal to "formication".
Words with funny meaning, spelling or both.
I'll list them as I learn them
Words worth espousing - from humbugonline:
Looking for tweets for bumf.