from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To dissipate as the result of heat.
- v. To cause to dissipate by applying heat.
- v. To dispose of unusable explosive natural gas from an oil well by burning it as it emerges from the well.
- v. To fill low value air time with programming not suitable for its original purpose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. use up (energy)
- v. clear land of its vegetation by burning it off
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.